Archive for November, 2012
How To Stumble On a Winning Business Idea an Interview with Rafael Cruz of Oh! Snap Studios.
Inspiring story on how Rafael beat the odds and found himself with a winning business idea. Find out how he started, how he went from being on unemployment compensation to a business owner. One of the best things about this story is he is willing to share how he did it and how you could possibly do it too. In hindsight, this is one of those stories that an unfortunate circumstance can turn into something big, if you don’t sit still, go out and do something about it.
Part of Issue 1 – Currently a Free Download on the iPad! Click Here to Get it from itunes
Bokeh iPad Magazine is proud to announce Bokeh’s first ever Fan Photo Challenge. We are passionate about the Art & Lifestyle of Photography and we hope you are too. Show Us Your Best Photos in our Fan Photo Challenge! And let’s all have fun.
Thank You also to Borrowlenses.com for their generosity in providing additional prizes for the winners.
Here are the details:
Themes, Schedule & Rules
1st WEEK: Together Photography Theme
Together Theme – What does it mean to you to be Together, Togetherness, submit a photo on how you interpret Togetherness.
Submission Dates: Mon 11/12 to Sun 11/18 (Midnight PST)
Voting Dates: Monday 11/12 to Sunday 11/25 (Midnight PST)
Winners will be announced inside Bokeh Magazine’s Free Contest Issue on 11/26-11/28
2nd WEEK: Connected Photography Theme
Connected Theme – What does it mean to you to be Connected, Establish Connection, submit a photo on how you interpret establishing Connection.
Submission Dates: Mon 11/19 to Sun 11/25 (Midnight PST)
Voting Dates: Monday 11/19 to Sunday 12/02 (Midnight PST)
Winners will be announced inside Bokeh Magazine’s Free Contest Issue on 12/03-12/05
Join 2nd Week Challenge
3rd WEEK: Success Photography Theme
Success Theme – What does it mean to you to be Successful, submit a photo on how you interpret Success.
Submission Dates: Mon 11/26 to Sun 12/02 (Midnight PST)
Voting Dates: Monday 11/26 to Sunday 12/09 (Midnight PST)
Winners will be announced inside Bokeh Magazine’s Free Contest Issue on 12/10-12/12
Join 3rd Week Challenge
Final Week: Top Ten Entries for each Theme automatically included.
Voting Dates: Monday 12/13 to Sunday 12/21 (Midnight PST)
Winners will be announced inside Bokeh Magazine’s Free Contest Issue on 12/24-12/25
Submission & Voting Rules
Participants may submit one photo per day. Each person may vote once per day, so be sure to invite your friends, family and fans to take part. US Participants only.
How & Where to Submit Your Photos
1. Submit Directly via Facebook BokehOnline.com Fan page
2. Submit via Twitter – Tweet a photo and tag it with #BokehMagFanPhoto and @BokehMagazine
3. Submit via Instagram – Upload a photo and tag it with #BokehMagFanPhoto
Weekly theme winners will receive a $25 iTunes (US) gift certificate, $25 borrowlenses.com gift certificate, bragging rights and photo will be published in Bokeh Magazine
The Final Week Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 iTunes (US) gift certificate, $50 borrowlenses.com gift certificate, bragging rights and photo will be published in Bokeh Magazine.
How appropriate our magazine name is Bokeh Magazine. Enjoy the video, let us know what you think below!
I found this interesting article about Top 7 Website Mistakes You Should Avoid as a Photographer.
Here are some common design mistakes you must avoid if you want people to like your photography website:
1. Don’t Use A Poor Layout
2. Don’t Neglect Any Visitors
3. Don’t Forget To Test Everything
4. Avoid Filling Your Homepage With Too Much Content
5. Never Underestimate Social Networking Websites
6. Don’t Put Up Every Picture You Take With Your Camera
7. Don’t Forget To Create A Contact Page
For the full article visit this link.
If I were to add to this, related to SEOing your webpages, I would say:
1. Don’t forget to add appropriate description for images you add to your website, people might understand it, but the search won’t understand an image only page.
2. Don’t forget to target your pages to specific keywords, don’t stuff your web page with all the possible keywords you can find, be sure to create good themes for your web pages. If you need to you can create new pages for specific keyword groups, this way, the search engine will understand your pages properly.
3. Don’t forget – most important, craft your web page title, meta description and h1 tags properly, to make sure the search engines understand your web page. And nowadays, the search engines are smart enough so no need to keep repeating keywords in your these section of your web page.